Monday, December 13, 2010

just my type

Every now and then, I find it amusing to indulge in a little personality typing.  I hadn't run my family through the Myers-Briggs in a while, so I thought I'd take the personality test for them and see what the results were:
This is how a bureaucrat dances

The Bureaucrat: ESTJ (supervisor)

So, my husband is the complete opposite of me.  We create balance for each other, I guess. He likes order, orthodoxy, rules, responsibility, and all other sorts of bureaucrat-y type things.  Not surprisingly, several sites listed a whole lotta presidents as ESTJs, including George Washington and Dub-ya.  Also present in this clan of bureaucrats: Judge Judy, Sandra Day O'Connor, the Reverend Billy Graham, and Dan Rather (I do so like the way that young man reads the news).




The Dictator strikes a world domination pose.
The Dictator: INTJ (mastermind)

Oh, Dictator, you are such a dictator!  Gifted, opportunistic, perfectionistic and impassive.  Guess who's on the list of fellow INTJs?  Donald Rumsfeld (world domination, anyone?), Rudy Giuliani, Hillary Clinton, Jane Austen's Mr. Darcy, Jane Austen herself, a whole slew of presidents, and last, but certainly not least, Hannibal Lecter (as in, I'm going to eat you with fava beans and a nice Chianti).  Fantastic!




Our little party girl.


The Anarchist: ESFP (performer)

The Anarchist is our social party girl who loves to talk.  How very ESFP of her!  She shares this type with Bob Hope, Arsenio Hall, my own personal childhood hero Mary Lou Retton, Kathy Lee Gifford, and best of all, Tim the Toolman Taylor.  Note the lack of presidents.






She would totally eat your face, given the opportunity.
The Fat Assassin: INTJ (mastermind)

I'm fairly certain our family pet shares a personality type with my eldest daughter...and Hannibal Lecter.






See how much I look like a squishy alien?


and Me:  INFP (healer)

Of course, I get the childlike, fluffy, squishy personality type.  I would be disgusted with myself, but at least I get some hardcore ethical perfectionism thrown into the mix, just to give me a little personality street cred.  And I'm in good company: Homer, Virgil, the Virgin Mary, Annie Dillard (personal adulthood hero), Shakespeare, a couple of prominent saints, and E.T....yeah, the extraterrestrial.  Sounds about right.



And I'm infinitely curious about everyone else in the universe, too.  If you know your type, leave it in the comments...just for fun.

5 comments:

hippster59 said...

ENFJ-Evidently the mentor type. Barack Obama, Ben Who?fleck, etc....

Linda Hyland said...

I don't know my type---but I have a feeling you think you do. Bet there are no prez's on my list either.

Pretty funny, by the way!

(word: punall)

molly said...

Mom-ESFJ: Desi Arnez, Sally Field, Mary Tyler Moore, Rabbit (from Winnie the Pooh), Sally Struthers, Danny Glover, Nancy Kerrigan, and apparently a couple of presidents (McKinley/Clinton).

Bethany MJ said...

I'm an ENFP, 'The Advocate' (how appropriate for me to be a nurse).
Famous ENFP's include Franz Joseph Haydn, Bob Dylan, Dr. Suess, Martin Short, Bill Cosby, Mark Twain, and Robin Williams.

Also a notable lack of presidents, but just for fun, the list I found also included 'fictional ENFP's' Steve Irkle and Ariel the Mermaid.

Renee said...

Also an ENFP! I find it amusing that they put Bill Cosby as an ENFP and what he is known for is "Ghost Dad." Quite possibly the worst movie ever and one that Cosby probably wants to forget...