Tuesday, November 9, 2010

meet the family


the bureaucrat:



He's careful, methodical, detail-oriented, rules-focused and endlessly inefficient. He's also the voice of reason, the planner and the one person that keeps the family from flying off into a thousand hapless directions at once. Kind and intelligent, but not known for his speed.













the dictator:

Formerly known as "the bitty dictator," she dominates the family with precision and intensity, and her motto, "Never let the get them upper hand." The dictator controls every aspect of her environment using charisma, subtle manipulation and a vast vocabulary, as well as deadly force, if necessary. She is also sweet, articulate, funny, intelligent and profound. But don't tell her that...because she knows already. She knows everything already.





the anarchist:

Nothing makes this one happier than freedom. Maybe it comes from being hooked up to oxygen for the first several months of her life. Maybe it comes from being the second child (we were always big believers in birth order psychology). Or maybe she was just born to wreak joyful havoc on the world. Whether she's running into the street, flashing total strangers, pulling hair, or screaming bloody murder, at least she's happy while she's breaking all the rules.







and me:

I don't have a political title, because as far as political philosophies go I'm the rough equivalent of a Canadian citizen or something boring and equally non-title-worthy. Besides, "and me" just has a ring to it that no political title can quite duplicate. I'm a neurotic, scattered, mildly amusing (when I want to be) domestic anti-goddess who speaks in hyphenated, overly parenthetical sentences and writes in a similar fashion. I desperately try to maintain some level of control over my children, but am mostly glad to hold it--barely--together from day to day.

4 comments:

Cee-Cee said...

I love your family! :) And I can't wait to see more posts!

Linda Hyland said...

You are the most hilarious thing ever! You described everyone perfectly and I was laughing out loud!
Keep writing, honey! AS I'VE ALWAYS TOLD YOU TO DO!!!!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I love your family too! And I agree with your mom. Since you seem to have endless time on your hands...write, write and write :-D
Grandma B.

Grammy said...

I love your family, too and I agree with your mom. Since you obviously have loads of spare time, write,write, write :-D
Love You, Grandma B