Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankfully

Sigh...the Mortons came out of the Thanksgiving craziness well-fed, thankful for the blessing of wonderful families, and relatively unscathed. Here is what we are thankful for:

The Dictator:




  • Princesses
  • Drawings (of princesses)
  • Markers (with which to draw princesses)


The Anarchist:




  • "Bllrrrbt..."*
  • "I don't know-WUH!"


The Bureaucrat:




  • His phenomenal wife allowing him to sleep in until 10 am the day after Thanksgiving
  • His beautiful wife cooking pumpkin pancakes for him when he finally did decide to wake up
  • His gorgeous wife


The Fat Assassin:



  • The singularly stupid human family not forgetting to feed her, even in the midst of their collective turkey coma

And Me:



  • Mashed potatoes (always the first thing that comes to mind, even though I know I should be saying something schmaltzy and sentimental like "family and friends.")
  • IKEA furniture-thanks for being affordable enough that I can actually have furniture and not feel like a squatter in my own home.
  • Only vomiting twice as a result of my own Thanksgiving-related gluttony
  • Those nice people shopping at Target or Meijer with their children who say things like, "Just SHUT UP! You never have anything important to say anyway. You are SO annoying. I'm gonna beat you good!" for making me realize that I may actually not be the world's worst parent
  • Those folks who are clearly not hard-up for cash, who hold up entire store lines squabbling with the cashiers over 50 cents worth of fried chicken legs or economy Christmas wrap. Thank you for reminding me that it's crazy to care so much about things and money.
  • The Anarchist's really loud set of lungs, which remind me daily--and usually in a quiet, public place--that we are so blessed to have her lungs actually working and healthy.
  • Family and friends. No. Seriously.
  • Mashed Potatoes

2 comments:

Linda Hyland said...

Molly, I loved this one. Even if you love mashed potatoes more than family. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, and what is the Bureaucrat wearing on his nose?
And I love the Anarchist's slippers.....they make me smile.
I'd vote, but I don't see cornbread stuffing on the thankful list..........VERY clever blog entry. Merrilee